Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Drawing Winner

Greetings, Breadliners. A couple of things on our plate this evening. 1) Amanda B. in Michigan won the September drawing and chose to receive Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, the greatest novel of all time. 2) There was only one thing.
 

Amanda has been trying to win Catch-22 for a long time now, and it finally happened. There's a lesson in persistence there. Here's what she has to say about why she chose this book over the millions of other less interesting books in the world:

"One day while browsing a used book store, I noticed Catch-22 sitting on the shelf. I began to tell my friend that I haven't read it before, and she looked at me with her mouth wide open and screamed. She then proceeded to hit me and then told me I was crazy. Okay, she probably didn't scream, nor did she hit me because she's not mean like that. Anyway, many people seemed to be surprised that I haven't read it yet, so I decided that winning it through Breadline was a pretty cool way to get the book. I've been told that it's satirical and makes you laugh. I like laughing."

And oh yeah... soon the breadline will be open again. It's that time of month around here. Keep your eyes open, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment