Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Winner #2

A young scholar by the name of Kevin T. happened to be standing just behind Kristen this month, and won himself a good old-fashioned Vladimir Nabokov masterpiece. Pale Fire is no Lolita, Nabokov's most popular and most pedophilia-based novel, but I'm sure it fondles the intellect just the same.


Quoting Kevin:

"I read Lolita by Nabokov this summer and was totally blown away. The way he used language was unlike anything I had ever read, and the fact that he could tell a story about a delicate subject like pedophilia without being cheap or vulgar was really refreshing. I knew I wanted to read something else by the same author, and I've heard good things about Pale Fire. Also, I can probably read this one in public without people thinking that I'm a creep. That's almost always a plus."

No comments:

Post a Comment