Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Great Gatsby

And yet another classic novel joins the bookshelf this month. Masood from Michigan was second in line this month, and selected The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.


"Recently, I've been rereading books that were part of my school's curriculum," said Masood. "A few weeks ago, I read Catcher in the Rye and it stunned me as to how much I didn't appreciate it during high school. I'm currently reading The Giver. I want to read The Great Gatsby again because it was one of my favorites in high school.

"At the time, however, I was more focused on passing the quizzes we had after different chapters, and what my thesis for my paper would be. I want to read it this time for the writing and the story. I want to read it for the amazing book that it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment