Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Winner

This month, our most intellectually-speaking breadliner won the Breadline Books drawing. Dee of California chose The Recognitions by William Gaddis, specifically a new edition of the novel which won't come out until next year.


Dee says:

"Gaddis is to my mind one one of the four greatest North American novelists, with Faulkner, Melville, and McCarthy [the fifth to be a scrum usually awarded to authors to my mind of less facility, such as Pynchon or Hemingway, or breadth, par exemple Clemens.]"

Also, breadliners, be looking out for the November breadline to open soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I'm trying to subscribe to your RSS FEED, but Google keeps saying "no feed found"! 8-0

    Is there an alternative subscription method? I can't seem to locate a "mailing list" link either...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm glad you're interested in the site. I'm really not sure how the RSS thing works. Have you tried clicking on the "Join this site" button on the right side? If that doesn't work, you're still okay--you can consider yourself on the mailing list. When the breadline is open this month I'll send you the same email everyone else gets. When you made this comment I got an email from you, so I have your email address. Thanks. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete