Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Stranger

Holden A. of Nebraska secured the second spot in the breadline this month, and came away with a copy of The Stranger by Albert Camus. Why did I wait seventeen days to post this? Because this could be the most exciting thing to happen on this blog this month.



Holden writes:

I chose this book because I read it a long time ago and loved it. I'm a huge fan of Camus now. I had ordered a bunch of his books recently, but the copy of the Stranger I got was actually a study guide for it or something. I was so disappointed and haven't been able to order a new copy. Thank you so much!

3 comments:

  1. What a great choice. A great read for a rainy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not update us on what you are reading? How about a book review or overview/recommendation of one of your favorite books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. From me? Gee golly, I never thought anyone would be interested to know what I'm reading. Well, here's a link to my goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5964252-michael-freeman. Feel free to add me if you have a goodreads account. I guess I would recommend any of the books I've rated 5 stars.

    Also, if you're wondering, someone has won the drawing, but they have not replied yet, so as soon as I get a response I will update the blog with November's drawing winner.

    ReplyDelete